Saturday, August 26, 2006

Coming Home

So, we now have approximately fourteen hours until we fly out of Korea! I am so excited! Most of the day will be spent in preparation to leave tonight. We will go to church this morning, then when we come back to the apartment, we'll do some last minute preparations and then we'll depart for the airport at about 4:30pm (it's about an hour and a half drive to the airport, but with weekend traffic, probably longer). We will take the 'airport limousine' bus to the airport and we'll arrive about 2-3 hours before our flight, hopefully with plenty of time to get all the check-in etc... done.

Yesterday, our last full day in Korea we actually did very little. We went out for breakfast in the morning, then Scott had to go to work for his final day (he had to work until 1pm). While Scott was at work, I did some last minute packing and then went for my final trip to the gym here... working out very hard in an attempt to make my body tired enough to have no choice but to sleep on the airplane. After the gym, I cleaned up and went upstairs to the school to meet Scott, we ended up staying for the staff meeting at 1pm. We then went home and I went out to do a little grocery shopping, just for some snacks and a bit of food for the next day. At 6pm we had a school farewell dinner for us and our roommate Wasseem, who is leaving to teach at a public school. When we came home at about 8:30pm, I finished packing and went to bed. So, overall it was a pretty uneventful day, but oh so relaxing.

Last night I had a terrible sleep probably partially from excitement and partially from the food I had eaten at the staff dinner (galbi always does a number on my digestive system after I've eaten it). It was actually a good thing to have a bad sleep though because it gave me the opportunity to hear Scott talking in his sleep once more. At about 3am, I looked at Scott to see him having some kind of spasm with his hands in the air (he must have been dreaming... about what, I have no idea)... anyway, I asked him "What on earth are you doing?" and he replied "We have to get ready to start the conversation class, we're going to start the conversation". Thinking that I could amuse myself by actually having the conversation with him while he was asleep, I said "okay, what do you want to talk about?", unfortunately he partially woke up at that moment and said "oh nothing". So, I didn't get the conversation I had hoped for, but it was still pretty funny.

I can't wait to get home and see everyone! Unfortunately I have a long flight ahead of me and I don't like being in the air that long, but if it's the only way to get home, so be it.

No comments: